Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

Im in California. Sale date is tomorrow at 9am. I paid via

I'm in California. Sale date is tomorrow at 9am. I paid via wire transfer, the reinstatement amount last Thursday however as of Friday they haven't reinstated my loan and said they would Monday... Same day as the sale date. Would it help for me to show up at the auction to show proof? I also faxed over to the trustee of the sale on Friday the proof of payment as well. I'm I screwed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Attorney2 :

Hello and thank you for your question.

Attorney2 :

Do you have confirmation that the wire was received?

Attorney2 :

Are you on line with me?

Attorney2 :

Can you see my responses?

Customer:

I have verbal confirmation from a supervisor at Ocwen that they've received the money but hasn't updated our account yet. I have proof from the bank the wire went through. I sent $24k and the reinstatement amount was for $23,800 due by the 26th. They received it on the 25th.

Attorney2 :

Excellent.

Attorney2 :

If you cannot get them to verify this before sale, just to cover all bases you should bring the proof to the auction.

Attorney2 :

It is nice to hear from someone that is in the position of saving their home.

Customer:

OK, who do I show proof to there? Would they really for go the auction of my house if I showed proof?

Attorney2 :

They should not be going to auction

Customer:

Wouldn't they need confirmation from Ocwen?

Attorney2 :

The person handling the auction.

Attorney2 :

You should get confirmation before the auction starts since you are on Pacific time.

Attorney2 :

Which county are you in?

Customer:

Riverside. Being held in Corona

Attorney2 :

Ocwen should be telling them to cancel the sale.

Attorney2 :

Just to be on the safe side you should go to the sale and present the proof to the person there for the auction on your property.

Customer:

I faxed over proof to the trustee Western Progressive on Friday too but I haven't heard anything. They are in Atlanta.

Attorney2 :

That is why you should hear before 9:00 your time.

Attorney2 :

I am sorry the chat features is causing issues for our conversation.

Customer:

I plan on being at the sale. The only proof I have is that I sent the wire and my reinstatement quote from Ocwen. Customer service manager at Ocwen told me they received the wire and he informed the foreclosure group to stop proceedings. But he wouldn't provide me any confirmation. So I've been nervous all weekend.

Customer:

I'm just hoping I can get some type of confirmation at 6am tomorrow morning.

Attorney2 :

Hopefully they can confirm that they cancelled the sale. I understand this is a very big deal and I would be nervous too.

Attorney2 :

I agree. It is good that you are on the West coast.

Customer:

OK well at least I know I still have a chance.

Attorney2 :

Of course you do.

Customer:

Thank you for your insight.

Attorney2 :

I hope you hear before the sale.

Attorney2 :

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Attorney2 :

Are you still on line with me?

Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience: 25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Thank you.