Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Our neighbor has trees that are blocking our view (Enumclaw,

Our neighbor has trees that are blocking our view (Enumclaw, WA) can we legally asked him to cut them down? They were planted after we purchased our land.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Unfortunately, unless you have a "scenic view easement" over the neighbor's land which would legally prevent them from obstructing the view, there is no statute in WA that would force them to remove their trees to provide a clear view. Scenic view easements are most often purchased from adjoining property owners so that this type of thing can be prevented.
.
But absent an easement, you couldn't force them to remove the trees unless there is a local ordinance that specifically protects scenic views. I would suggest contacting your local Building Inspector's office to see if there might possibly be one. But to be perfectly honest, they are pretty rare..
.

I am sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.