Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

my neighbor has planted four trees on the property line between

Customer Question

my neighbor has planted four trees on the property line between our houses in the front yard. he has let the trees grow up about 6 feet and he does not trim them at all. It has blocked my view to the right from every thing. They refuse to cut the tree down. I thought it illegal to grow hedges, bushes, or trees that high that block my house from view. I feel he should not be able my house off from a view. Is there a right a way law for home owners in this matter.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Sorry for your situation.

Regretfully, there are no restrictive easements for "light and air" in TX unless that's specifically in your deed.

Do these trees hang over onto your property?