Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.

Under Ga law, can I sue HUD?

Under Ga law, can I sue HUD?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

You can file a law suit against HUD - although they are a federal agency they can be sued. However, most likely you would have to sue them in federal court as opposed to GA court.

Here are a couple examples
Reverse-Mortgage Suit Against HUD Revived on Appeal

A federal appeals court revived a lawsuit accusing the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development of setting up its reverse-mortgage program in a way that makes it more likely a surviving spouse will end up in foreclosure.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington today ruled that a case brought by two widowers challenging HUD regulations on reverse-mortgage loans may proceed.

Here's another: › Fair Lending

As to GA law specifically - no, that would not be available because they are a federal agency.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).