TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My landlord is in another state. There are multiple issues

My landlord is in another state. There are multiple issues that needs fixed and he expects to have someone enter to fix them when I am not there or have me take off work because he doesn't want to pay for weekend or night hour rates. Do I have to continue making adjustments that inconvenience my schedule and others to have things fixed or is it his responsibility to have them fixed at a time when I am home , including night and weekend?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Q: Do I have to continue making adjustments that inconvenience my schedule and others to have things fixed or is it his responsibility to have them fixed at a time when I am home , including night and weekend?

A: I'm sorry to say that he has no responsibility to have the repairs done at a time when you are home at night or on weekends. Landlords are allowed to enter properties in order to make repairs even if tenants are not home. That right extends to the landlord's agents, such as those he hires to complete the repairs. While it is best for all parties to accommodate each other, you cannot force the landlord to pay for night or weekend labor.

I am truly sorry to give you this bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer. I do ask that you rate me based upon whether I answered your question, and not based upon whether the answer was good news or bad news. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thank you, XXXXX XXXXX just curious as it would save me inconvenience.

next question is, if something were to happen (such as an item stolen from my house) by someone who is hired..who would be responsible for that? Who is responsible for giving the person to come a key ? ( He is out of state and hasn't been here in over a year)

Thank you again, I am new to this site and if I need to ask this in the question area again, instead of here, please let me know.