How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This company want to lease my property for Oil,Gas and Mineral.

This answer was rated:

This company want to lease my property for Oil,Gas and Mineral. They sent me a contract and a dratf in the amont of $2,800.00 to have it notarize and sent back. I did seen the contract back. They voided the $2,800.00 draft and sent another draft for $186.00, but filed the contract that was notarized saying I would receive $2,800.00. Is that legal or If not. What is my legal right.

Jesse Montgomery [email protected]
phone # (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

That is not legal and fraudulent as to what they did - in fact fraudulent inducement.

That they did not pay as per the contract the $2,800.00.

I would contact them on Monday (or today if you can) and inform them that if they don't pay the balance of the $2,800.00 immediately you will have no alternative but to pursue all your available remedies which would include the filing of suit for breach of contract and fraud.

I would state that they have 10 days to pay the balance by certified funds or you will pursue your legal remedies.

Then, if they don't send the balance of monies owed, I would contact a local real estate attorney (if you don't know one go to a small local bank and ask them who they use for their real estate transactions) and file suit.

Because they were fraudulent in the transaction - you can recover your attorney's fees. So most likely the attorney wouldn't charge you anything up front but wait till they got a judgment against the company and collect their fees then.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).
Law Pro and 7 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you