KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.

A neighbor has a right of way through our property to a lake

A neighbor has a right of way through our property to a lake below us. They are considering building a multi-unit residential facility on land adjacent to their own which they recently purchased. Would the dwellers in that new facility, probably a small condominium, have the right to use the right of way as well?
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

The right of way belongs to their property, not to them personally. So if they are developing a property that does not possess the easement rights, then those new residents will not have the right to use that easement.

Let me know if this is clear.