Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Hi. I am a Realtor and received an offer on one of my listings.

Hi. I am a Realtor and received an offer on one of my listings. Both my sellers live out of the area so the buyers and their agent agreed to do verbals and once we reached an agreement then get the sellers signatures asap. The buyers have already signed and given the earnest money check. When is the time of acceptance? Once agreement has been reached and buyer has delivered signed contract & earnest money or not until the signatures from sellers have been gotten on final paperwork?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Under the statute of frauds, agreements involving real estate are not legally binding unless in writing and signed by both buyer and seller. So, until the sellers have signed the contract and the signed contract has been delivered either to each other or to a title company, there is not a legally binding contract.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/