Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Because I was taken to court by the association. Do I have

Because I was taken to court by the association. Do I have to work with their lawyer or can I still work with the assoication
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Once the association is represented by an attorney, they do not have to deal with you and if they inform you to deal with their attorney you must do so. Until they tell you to deal with their attorney or do not respond, you can seek to negotiate with the association directly.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.