Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

I have a first and second mortgage that total over twice what

I have a first and second mortgage that total over twice what I estimate my townhome is worth. I want to 'walk away' and rent an apartment. I am 3 years from retirement but may lose my job earlier due to health problems, which would result in an income drop. How long does it take to foreclose?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. Can you tell me in what state you are located. The foreclosure time line varies by state. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! Florida requires judicial foreclosures. The typical foreclosure takes 180-210 days after the lender issues a Notice of Default. The bank usually doesn't issue the Notice of Default until you've missed several payments. If you were to contest the lender's right to foreclose or if you were to file for bankruptcy protection, the process would take months longer.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: