Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Are deed in lieu negotiations harder to do when there are two

Are deed in lieu negotiations harder to do when there are two mortgages on the house. One is an equity line. Both are with the same bank.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. If they're both with the same bank...no, the negotiations should not be more difficult. It's only when there are separate banks when a deed in lieu is almost impossible, because unlike a foreclosure, a deed in lieu doesn't automatically extinguish the second lien and thus unless the second lienholder agrees to release the lien, the deed in lieu doesn't get done; and unless the second lienholder is getting paid something, the second lienholder has no incentive to release its lien. When it's the same bank, that issue is not present.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/