Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Hi! I have Mortgage with BOFA that i stop to pay over 5 years

I have Mortgage with BOFA that i stop to pay over 5 years ago.Last year on 06/12 the Judge set a Sale date and 1 week before i filed to chapter 7.Due to Automatic Stay sale was cancel and 2 moths later bank lawyer file a Motion to Withdraw.on 12/12 we receive from BOFA a loan Satisfaction Letter and by end of 01/13 we receive a letter from Nationstar Mortgage showing them as new loan beneficiary.
My question is: 2 days ago we receive a copy of "Motion to RescheduleForeclosure Sale" file on the name of BOFA. Since they aren't the beneficiary of the loan any more Nationstar should foreclosure on the house not BOFA i'm right?

If Bof A had a foreclosure sale set once, it means that they had a judgment entered. That judgment could be assigned to Nationstar who can have the sale re-set without starting the foreclosure over in its name. It can all be done in the name of Nationstar, as the "assignee of Bank of America." I don't know what the loan satisfaction letter means because I haven't seen it. If you wish to contest the Nationstar action at this point, then you should have a local foreclosure attorney review that letter, and the case as soon as possible.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.