Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

I have a buyer for my house who wants to pay cash and in AS-IS

I have a buyer for my house who wants to pay cash and in AS-IS condition. I own the house outright. What documents do I need to close the deal? Do I need to work with a Title company?
Hello and thank you for your question. Does the purchaser want a title insurance policy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the buyer wants to buy house with cash ASAP.

I understand he will be paying cash. My question is whether the purchaser wants an owner's title policy insuring that he has good title to the property. Most purchasers want a title insurance policy. If not I can provide you with closing documents.

Do you already have a contract for the transaction?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we have completed a sales contract which was downloaded from the internet. I would think the buyer does want a good title to the property. I really don't know if we need any more documents. Can we take the contract to a Title company and have them close everything? What do they typically charge?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we downloaded a sales contract from the internet. The buyer does want a good title on the home (which is a double wide trailer). Can you send me the necessary documents?

I apologize I did not realize this was a manufactured home.

Was your manufactured home converted to real property?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe it is considered real property. We have a permanent foundation and have been paying regular home owners insurance for many years. Work was done several years ago adding square footage and putting on wood siding and an attic. Does it matter that it is a "manufactured home"?

You will need the deed, affidavit of title, bill of sale and closing statement.

This is the Bill of Sale

Warranty Deed

and another form deed

Affidavit of title

Closing Statement of Costs

You would check with the county for their real estate transfer tax forms and tax information.

If you can tell me the city and county it would be my pleasure to look up the information for you.

Please let me know how I can be of additional assistance to you. Thank you.