TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I sued my mortgage company and we settled out of court. Part

I sued my mortgage company and we settled out of court. Part of the settlement was to give the house back in a deed in lieu. Which I did and it wasn't suppose to show up on my credit report but it still does, I have contacted my lawyers and they mortgage company and they keep saying they are working on it and they are at the mercy of the CRA's. I want to buy a new home but I am stuck.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating situation. How can I help you? Do you have a legal question for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What's my next step to get this information off my credit, which was part of my settlement (with the mortgage company) to remove.

Hi again.

It'll have to be removed by the mortgage company. The credit bureaus cannot remove it if it's true, as they were not a party to your settlement agreement.

If the mortgage company does not remove the negative entry, then you could sue for breach of your settlement agreement and seek monetary damages to compensate you for your inability to obtain new credit for a house.