Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

Ive have a new home loan on a manufactured home. The company

I've have a new home loan on a manufactured home. The company I've been dealing with took 3 almost 4 weeks to set the house up, there a a litney of issues with the house. It was bought new; however one door they hung on the house is chipped, the tub has a hole in it the some of the other doors are missing to the house there is an area where the wall doesn't meet the floor. I have a loan that is for a new house and have not yet made a payment and still not living in the house. What is my recourse to try and get either the dealership to do the work to make the house look the way its supposed to look what, what I will be paying for a "new house." I'm frustrated with the whole process.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry that you are going through a difficult time with your new home.

Do you have a written contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have a contract.
there a a litney of issues with the house. It was bought new; however one door they hung on the house is chipped, the tub has a hole in it the some of the other doors are missing to the house there is an area where the wall doesn't meet the floor.

Does the contract give the seller the responsibility to repair the defects?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm to make up a list of the defects and fax it to Timberline Homes where they would in turn send it to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will send someone or some others to do the repairs. This my take a couple of days or a 3 weeks.
Thank you for the clarification. If they will not make the repairs you would file suit for breach of contract. Do you feel that they will not follow through with the repairs?

I have a loan that is for a new house and have not yet made a payment and still not living in the house.
Are payments due on the loan?
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience: 25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have my doubts that they will honor the contract.
Then it may be necessary to file a breach of contract suit against them and seeking specific performance for them to make the repairs. What is the status on the loan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you mean by status of the loan?
You mentioned the loan and I wanted to see if you had any questions for me on the loan. I have a loan that is for a new house and have not yet made a payment and still not living in the house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The mortgage payments are scheduled to begin Aug. 1st.
Let me know if I can be of any additional assistance to you with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I approach the Bank and let them know that I wholly dissatisfied
with the state of the house?

Did the lender perform inspections of the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The inspection was in the form of a fire Marshall inspection.
Since the lender does not warranty the condition of the property I don't know that the lender will be particularly helpful with a breach by the seller. The agreement for the condition of the home is between you and the seller.
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Thank you.