I am confusing the late fee. I know I am charging $100 per day late fee is too high.
1) How much is the late fee is reasonable for tenant pay late not on time? Our city is not under rent control areas. If I am charging $100 late fee and the bounced check fee $50, totally is $150 in this month that my tenant didn't pay the rental even though she gave me 2 checks.
- 1st check: $798(rent $648 plus $100 late fee and the bounced check fee $50
I couldn't cash the check actually no $ in her bank account *
- 2nd check: $400 not even enough pay this month rent $648
I couldn't cash the check again actually no $ in her bank account *
2) If you think this month *** $100 late fee & bounced check fee $50, and the other $400 late fee" are REASONABLE LATE FEES from your experience or by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, can I go ahead cash those TWO checks altogether at her bank on 29th this month because her bank account has "Direct Deposit from her employer" which might have enough funds? Today is July 25, I still have to receive any rent even a penny in this month now. She is always play game, fool me around, and ignore me. Always give me the check which has no enough funds in her bank account!!!
3) After you advise me(all my late charge to tenant $550 if reasonable), then I will go cash those two checks end of this month. If the tenant still not pay enough $ for the next month rent in August(I am sure she will tell me use her security deposit as her last month) as she has notified me move out end of next month August with 60 days notice, can I still serve her 3 Days Notice to Pay or Quit?
4) After 3 Days Notice to Pay or Quit, then I can file "Unlawful Detainer" from the court. How soon and the time frame I can have the sheriff take her stuffs away after filing to the court in Los Angeles, California?
- Do I have to notify her with Advance Notification the sheriff is going to take her stuffs away?
- If she doesn't give me back the security gate and the garage remotes, can I keep the two remotes security deposit for $60 which signed and agreed on the lease agreement?
5) I am scare the tenant will do something hurt me to my life if I file to the court and have the sheriff take her stuffs away. Do I have to file any paper to protect myself in case of anything happen she is doing to hurt me?
Thanks so much for your professional kindly advise. Sorry I have more questions as I have no experience with this first time happen to me :))