Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

I bought a timeshare in Virginia with someone ten years ago

I bought a timeshare in Virginia with someone ten years ago and need to get his name removed from the deed and contracts. How can I do this?
Hello and thank you for your question. The owner never conveyed the title to you for the timeshare? Is the owner still available to prepare a deed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought the timeshare with an old boyfriend 10 years ago and both our names are XXXXX XXXXX deed. I haven't seen the boyfriend in 10 years. How can I get his name removed so I can sell the timeshare

Unfortunately, he would need to quit claim his interest to you pr to the purchaser. You could deed your interest in the property to the purchaser. Do you have any way to contact him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try. How do I get a quit claim?

I can send you a link for a form. Which State is he located in today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

New York but the time share is in Virginia

Thank you for your patience.

These are links to free forms of quit claim deeds that can be used to deed property in Virginia. Since he may be signing in NY the notary will be filed out by a NY Notary to witness the signature. The deed will be recorded in the county in Virginia where the timeshare is located.

This link is a pay for form that I prefer at

This link sets out the requirements

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have with regard to preparation of the deed. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA!

If you would be so kind as to rate my service I would be most appreciative.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

My pleasure.