Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

My house was foreclosed and the bank bought it back. Supposedly

My house was foreclosed and the bank bought it back. Supposedly and appraiser fell in my backyard while appraising the home after it was foreclosed on. Am I responsible for this?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. You have absolutely no responsibility for this. One, you no longer owned the home. Two, the appraiser was not your invitee. Thus, you have no liability as a homeowner and you have no privity of contract with the appraiser. As a result, the appraiser would have no valid cause of action against you and would have to pursue the bank or new owner.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I just wanted to confirm, the house was sold at the sheriff's auction on March 13. After this date, the house is no longer mine, correct? As soon as you could just let me know the answer to this question I will rate a 5 asap. Thank you again!

You're very welcome...it's my pleasure to help! That is correct...as soon as the house is sold at foreclosure, you no longer own it and thus have no liability for anything that happens subsequently.

And, thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/