Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years

In Michigan do I have to pay property taxes if my house is

In Michigan do I have to pay property taxes if my house is in forcloser and I stay in the house during the six month redemption period?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
No, there would be no reason for you to do so if the house will be foreclosed on and sold. The taxes follow the property, not you personally so whoever buys the house at the foreclosure sale would have to pay them or they would be paid out of the proceeds of the sale.
So I would save my money.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.