Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

Closing on a home tomorrow morning. Due to issues with title

Closing on a home tomorrow morning. Due to issues with title company getting information I just received documents to read tonight. There are general and specific exceptions to the title policy which I don't understand the meaning of. What is my best course of action? Should my realtor be able to answer or do I need an attorney? I have a rate lock expiring after Friday.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good evening. I would suggest asking an attorney if possible. If you can't get an attorney tonight, I would suggest calling the person at the title company to help you. You can ask your realtor and they may or may not, but in general, realtors are concerned with little more than their commissions and thus are not likely to tell you any the truth if it might impact the closing and thus their commission. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to explain as well. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: