Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

This question is for PaulMJD I am the Def- I filed a Motion

This question is for PaulMJD

I am the Def- I filed a Motion To Reconsider on May 15, 2013 in the circuit court in
Illinois . The Motion was for Rehearing, Modification or Vacation of the Lender/Plaintiff
Summary Judgment and Judgment for Foreclosure and Sale.

The second Motion To Reconsider on May 15, 2013 in the circuit court in Illinois . The Motion was for Rehearing, Modification or Vacation of the Condo Assoc. Summary Judgment and Judgment to Foreclose Lien.

I'm trying to make this short:

I the Def had a hearing on the motion to reconsider June 17, 2013, I had also hired
an attorney. The court stated we are here on Def Motion To Reconsider. The attorney
asked the court for am extension of time to prepare. The court Denied my Def-Motions
to reconsider on June 17 2013. The Court docket reads to Strike or Vacate an Order-
DENIED.

My Atty for Def- had filed a motion June 13, 2013 for leave for ext time_to vacate SJ, Stay Sale and Appearance and had a court date for July 1, 2013. We were there for
the hearing and the court ruled on 7 1 2013: STRIKE OR WITHDRAW MOTION OR
PEITITION ALLOWED. What does this mean regarding my case and the Motion that was filed by me as-def and my motion to reconsider was denied vs -my attys ruling by the
court on July 1, 2013 for: STRIKE or WITHDRAW MOTION OR PEITION ALLOWED. (RE-FILE) was entered on the Order July 1, 2013.

What does this mean for the Appeal ? Was the Denial of my Reconsider for rehearing, modification or vacation of the SJ and the Judgment for foreclosure and Sale the time
tolling as of June 17, 2013 to perfect my appeal by July 17, 2013?

My (Def) me Atty filed a Motion on July 12, 2013 for Extended time for filing and Stay
Discovery set to be heard on July 22, 2013. What about the Appeal which would
be (30) days on July 17, 2013, is this not a final judgment that was entered on
June 17, 2013 denying the Reconsider which is a postrial Motion after the denial
of the Plaintiff/Lender SJ and Judgment for foreclosure and Sale?

Is this not a final judgment that was entered on
of the Counter-Defendant- Plaintiff the Condo Assoc. for SJ and Judgment for foreclose
Lien?

What about the Appeal should it still be filed even thho the Court set another hearing
for my atty -def (me)?

Will I miss my appeal date if I don't perfect it by the July 17, 2013 deadline according to
the Denial of my Motion To Reconsder, rehearing modify, vacate?

My attorney has a hearing date for July 22, 2013, will this be a untimely appeal
if filed after the July 17, 2013 deadline?
I have let Paul know of your question. He will see my message when he checks his email. Thanks for your patience.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you again.

It looks from what you posted like your attorney's motion for his extension was granted on 7-1, which extends all of your deadlines and the hearing on 7-22 would go forward and your appeal could proceed after that time. It means his petition he filed on 7-1 was allowed by the court for hearing based on what you posted.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.