Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years

My grandmother has a special warranty deed with me and my brother

My grandmother has a special warranty deed with me and my brother as the "remainders". We would like to give up our rights to her property. Is a quitclaim deed sufficient?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
It sounds like grandmother has a "life estate" giving her the right to use and live there for her lifetime. When she passes, her life estate extinguishes and the "remaindermen" would then take the property.
So yes, it you wanted to transfer your interest to someone else, you can have a quitclaim deed prepared and then you would sign it in front of a notary and record it. That would then serve to transfer your interest to whoever you deed it to when grandmother passed.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But she is still alive. We want to deed it back to her right now in full. In other words, we do not want to appear on the deed. We want her to have full and complete ownership of her property.

Ok, I didn't realize that you wanted to give it back to grandmother. In that case, you can just quitclaim deed it back to her. The life estate and the remainder interest would combine under the "doctrine of merger" and she would be the sole "fee simple" owner of the property.
Then she could do whatever she wanted to with it.