Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

Im about to quick Deed a 1.7 Acre Parcel of my Property worth

I'm about to quick Deed a 1.7 Acre Parcel of my Property worth 12'000.00 to a Friend that built a $165.000 House on the Parcel, against some kind of Legal Document that assures me that I get paid for the Parcel in Case the Home Owner wants to sell the House for any Reason. Please advise on what Type of Legal Document to use that will stand up in Court if needed. Thank you very much. Walter A Urweider

Hi, Walter, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Licensed, Practicing Attorney with over 25 years experience in real estate law,

If you want to be assured that you will be paid if your friend sells the property with the house located on it, you should have your friend execute a mortgage in your favor and have it recorded. This will assure you that your friend would not be able to transfer clear title to any prospective purchaser unless you were paid your $12,000 and you execute a Satisfaction of Mortgage which would remove the lien of the mortgage from the property,

___________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can my Friend execute a Mortgage in my Favor without Owning the Property. The Bank would not accept that. Should the Mortgage be for the Value of the Property ee 12.000.-

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
no Answer to my Reply

I apologize, but I often must assist several customers simultaneously, so please do not think that I have forgotten you.

1. Your friend would have to have title to the property in order to execute a valid mortgage, but you said you were going to give her a Quit Claim Deed.

2. Yes, the mortgage would recite the $12,000

Q. Why would the bank object to this arrangement ?