Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

I took your advice and served my tenant with a notice to terminate

I took your advice and served my tenant with a notice to terminate the lease on July 31st. She verbally agreed to pay the rent for July on July 5th but has failed to do so. She has failed to respond to our phone calls and text messages and we haven't been able to find her at home. Because she did not pay rent as she agreed to do, can we file an eviction notice for non-payment of rent even though we're terminating her lease at the end of the month? Thanks.

Hi, Marvel, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Licensed, Practicing Attorney with over 25 years experience in real estate law, and I will be glad to assist you with your question,

Your tenant has already proved that she does not adhere to any Agreements you make with her and her failure to pay rent on July 5 as she agreed is just one more indication that she is not to be trusted to comply with any Agreement she makes with you. She has not given you any reason to believe that she will vacate on July 31, 2013, and, therefore, you should not waste any more time. You have every right to start the Eviction proceedings and that is exactly what you should do and that should be at the top of your list of priorities,

____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for responding. I appreciate your help.

/Marvel Warner

You are very welcome, Marvel, Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

ANDREA