Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  14 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 24+ years

WE BOUGHT THIS HOUSE IN SEPT. 2004, WE DID NOT HAVE AN INSPECTION,

WE BOUGHT THIS HOUSE IN SEPT. 2004, WE DID NOT HAVE AN INSPECTION, AFTER 2 WEEKS IN THE HOUSE THE 2ND FLOOR BATH WAS LEAKING INTO THE 1ST FLOOR BATH, EVERYTHING WAS BRAND NEW AND PAINTED, SO YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW OF A PROBLEM TILL AFTER A COUPLE OF WEEKS, BUT THAT IS THE LEAST OF THE PROBLEM.

2 WEEKS AGO WE HAD A BIG RAIN STORM AND IT FLOODED THE FAMILY ROOM DOWN INTO THE THE LOWER LEVEL , RUINED ALL CARPET AND FURNITURE, AFTER MOVING THIS BRAND NEW BOOKCASE THAT THE OWNERS LEFT ON THE WALL , I HAD TO PULL IT OUT TO GET THE CARPET OUT, I FOUND NO PANELING BEHIND THE BOOKCASE AND A BIG CRACK IN THE FOUNDATION WHICH THEY TRYED TO REPAIR, I ALSO DUG UP OUTSIDE ON THE FOUNDATION AND SEEN THE SAME CRACK THEY TRIED TO REPAIR, NONE OF THIS WAS EVER DISCLOSED IN OUR SIGNING, IS THEIR ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE I KNOW IT IS 9 YEARS LATER
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
What state is this in?
.
Did the seller complete a "Seller's Disclosure" of the property's condition?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

illinios

yes he did

any more info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is their anything that can be done

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Give me a few minutes to research a few things...
.
.
Thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you are in luck....IL has a 10 year statute of limitations on a breach of contract action. If this has only been 9 years, then you could still file suit against the seller for breach of contract based on fraud and misrepresentation since they apparently actively concealed the crack and leak and failed to disclose this on the Seller's Disclosure.
.
As part of your case, you would need to get estimates for any repairs that may be necesary as well as hunting up your Seller's Disclosure to use as evidence. You would need to act pretty quickly to make sure you get an attorney on the case so he can file the suit before the statute of limitations expires.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok,

i found the disclosure report and everything on it is no, how much or about would be the fees

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Honestly, that would depend on what a local civil litigation attorney would charge. But I would ballpark it at $4-6,000 if it didn't go to a full trial. It might be less if the attorney filed the suit and then they immediately agreed to settle the case.
.
.
Thanks
Barrister, Lawyer
Experience: 14 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 24+ years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no more info