Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My home was subject to sheriffs sale due to foreclosure and

My home was subject to sheriff's sale due to foreclosure and I received an eviction notice on my door last night. What are my options if any if I need more time to move?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
What did the eviction notice say?
.
Was it a 3 day notice to vacate?
.
Or was it an actual complaint for possession filed with the Office of the Clerk of the Special Civil Part?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says the property is now "Bank Owned" and you must vacate the property and remove all personal possessions immediately.

The Sheriff has been instructed to evict and remove all occupants of this property.

Then it says that I must call the realtor ASAP and to seek legal advice from my attorney.

Ok, that doesn't mean anything legally at this point. It is just a scare tactic to try to get you to move out without forcing the bank to go through a formal eviction process.
.
Until you actually get served with an eviction complaint, they haven't started the legal process that would force you to move. Even then they have to go to court and get an order of possession from a judge before they could have a sheriff come out and evict.
.
And even then, the sheriff will post the property with a notice that says you have 3 days to move out of he will be back to physically remove you.
.
So at this point, you can ignore that notice as it doesn't have any force of law.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your advice. I am in the process of contacting a lawyer but due to work schedule we've been missing each other. I really appreciate this service.

Jana.