Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

There is a Long Island real estate listing that is listed as

There is a Long Island real estate listing that is listed as active; but I'm told it's ben sold. Several days later, when I check the site; it says the information has been updated; and it's for sale. How can I check whether the agent is telling me the truth, and whether it's for sale or not.?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
It is possible that the agent has not updated the status of the listing to mark it "Pending" yet. Listings go from "Active" to "Pending" to "Sold" in that order. So if you don't think your realtor is being truthful with you, you can call the local MLS service directly and ask them what the status is. You can also just contact any other realtor and ask them to check to see what the status is.
.
As an aside, I have been a Realtor for over 13 years....
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.