Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

I put my daughters name on a deed, willed to me the state of

I put my daughters name on a deed, willed to me the state of pa wanted me to pay real estate taxes on my own property because deneanes name was not on the will of my husband and she was not a true daughter, we used a corrective deed through a lawyer removed her name and she is now removed from the deed it was excepted and recorded as now being sole owner. she did not sign the corrective deed because we are saying her name was on the deed in error. a new deed was registered in my name only on Dec 8, 2011 in my name only. I have a land contract they are saying my daughters name should be on the land contract because she did not sign off on the old deed, but that was in error. Is Deneane still an owner, even though allegheny county excepted the new deed as me being sole owner?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Miriam, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Pennsylvania Licensed, Practicing Attorney with 25 years experience in real estate transactions, and would like to help,

I am sorry to hear that you find yourself in this difficult situation,

The fact that the Office of the Recorder of Deeds accepts a Deed for recording does not mean that the documentation is correct. If you initially placed your daughter's name on the Deed and recorded that Deed, then the correction Deed also had to have her signature. Simply prepare another correction Deed, have your daughter sign it and record it. You would not have to pay any additional recording fee for this. It is the simplest way to correct the problem and it will not present itself as a cloud on title in later years if you want to sell the property,

______________________________________________________________________

If I have not Answered your question completely, please use the "Reply" button to let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the correction deed removed Deneanes name off of the deed saying it was in error and the new deed does not have her name on it. the correction was saying that her name should never have been put their in the first place.I still need to put her signature on the deed

Hi, Miriam, I understand your situation. However, since your daughter's name was initially put on the Deed and that Deed was recorded, her signature on the correction Deed acknowledging that her name was put on the Deed in error would tie up all loose ends. Once this is done and you later on want to include your daughter's name on the Deed, you can still do so, but it will be a much "cleaner" chain of title and avoid any confusion in the future. Please be kind enough to give me a rating. It will not cost you anything additional, but without it, I will not receive credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding,

________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.