Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  14 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 24+ years

got a bit frustrated, I have filled the quit claim deed form

got a bit frustrated, I have filled the quit claim deed form and got it notarized, now I need to get it to land office for my local county, but not sure where it is
called city of plano and they said find a lawyer. so stupid.
anyway I can easily find the number and address to file the last step myself?
I am in colin county, plano city
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
If you have the quitclaim deed executed and signed off by the grantor, you can just mail it in to the County Clerk's Office for recording. I would suggest calling first and asking what the recording fees are if you are going to mail it rather than actually stopping by.
.
Collin County Clerk's Office
Collin County Administration Building
XXXXX, Suite 2106
McKinney, TX 75071

Phone: 972-548-4185 (McKinney)
(NNN) NNN-NNNNext. 4185 (Metro)
Fax: 972-547-5731
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes just called and you are right

however she was not being exactly clear on what I need to bring

so I want to make sure I will need to bring

1) the quitclaim deed form that has been signed off by the grantor which is my parents

2) the original deed

3) $16 for the first page and $4 after that. so cash.

4) I would assume my ID to identify me as the grantee

whatelse, she said it is best to stop by the office, which I agree I do not want to mail the original deed and get it lost or anything

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
All you need is the new executed quitclaim deed and the recording fees. You don't need an ID as they don't care who is recording the deed, but it is always a good idea to keep ID on you anyway....
.
.
Thanks
Barrister, Lawyer
Experience: 14 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 24+ years