Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.

My deed reads 30 foot easement for ingress and egress it is

My deed reads 30 foot easement for ingress and egress it is only 19-20 feet can i Make the subservient widen the easement. There is a wall and terrace inside the 30 feet. they were built by previous owner 7 years ago

Hi, Jim, I would be glad to assist you once again with your easement issue,

If your deed provides that the easement is 30 feet, then that is what you are entitled to. In fact, the title company from which you purchased title insurance at the time of settlement, probably insured a 30-foot easement. So, yes, you can make the servient estate widen the easement to what your deed states and is more than likely what the servient estate's deed reads also. Therefore, he is very aware of your rights,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,