Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

If I have a lawsuit against a former tenant for back rent and

If I have a lawsuit against a former tenant for back rent and apartment damages in new york city and I have strong evidence that he knew the judges law clerk and the clerk effected the outcome is there any way that if this is proven can his counterclaim
will be thrown out and a judgement in my favor will be awarded because of his illicit
activity? My lawyer has written letters to the supervising judge. Is it also a good idea for me to go to the DA also? With question one the defendant also encouraged the judges
law clerk to effect the outcome. I have evidence of this too.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your post. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

One question - - have you reported this to the state bar association or the NY State Commission on Judicial Conduct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My attorney has reported it to the commission on judicial conduct.

Ok. Thanks for the information.

If it were discovered that improper conduct occurred, you certainly can take action for that - and it appears that you and your attorney are taking steps to address this.

However, the improper conduct would not necessarily mean that you will win your case and that any counterclaim against you will be thrown out. But, if any orders or judgments have been entered, they could be set aside because of the conflict of interest and you'd get to re-try your case in an unbiased courtroom.

As for contacting the DA, that would likely come a little later if there is evidence of criminal activity. It may be that these actions are just ethical and violations of judicial conduct. This, it's probably best to allow the judicial performance committee to act and then decide what to do from there.

I hope this covers your questions, but if you need something else, please ask and I'll be glad to respond.