Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.

I brought our house in my name only due to my spouse credit

I brought our house in my name only due to my spouse credit score. I use my 401K that i had before marriage. My husband sign all rights over to me the interspousal deed paper. I want the house.Do i have to buy him out? what happens to the property.

Hello and Welcome, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

If you bought the house with your 401k that you earned before your marriage, and your husband signed over any rights he had, then you do not have to buy your husband out. Since you can trace the money you used to buy the house to pre-marital funds, your husband cannot claim any rights to the house and you do not have to spend any buying him out, The house is 100% yours,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,