Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

Is it legal for a real estate company sell my house to a fake

Is it legal for a real estate company sell my house to a fake company that is "owned" by the owner of the real estate company?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Debbie, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provided you with Excellent Service,

1. Did they disclose to you that the company buying your house was a company owned by the same person who owned the real estate company selling your house ?

2. Is the selling price comparable with its fair market value, or what you would have received if it were sold to an unrelated third party ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. No. I did sign a waiver of conflict with a lawyer who had represented the company buying my house and the owner of the company, but he did not disclose that the owner of the company also owns the real estate company.

2. This is a short sale.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The buying company doesn't exist. I'm afraid I'm in a fraudulent deal.

Hi, Debbie,

1. If the company buying your house is owned by the same person that owns the real estate company, there would be a conflict of interest and if you signed a waiver, that probably took care of the conflict of interest;

2. If this is a short sale, and you are trying to get out of the sale, tell your lender that you just found out that the facts that you stated here, and tell them not to approve the sale because you believe that you can get a better price from an unrelated third party. Then you can deal with another real estate company to sell your property.

_______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the buying company doesn't exist. It is supposedly a corporation but the ein that was given is a fake.

Anybody can do business in the form of a company without being a corporation.

Is your information about the EIN from the Internal Revenue Service ?

If not, how do you know that it is fake ?

If you tell me what your goal is, i.e., what you wish to accomplish, I might be able to assist you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The papers I'm supposed to sign at closing has the company name - City Site Property, Inc. and an EIN. I checked the EIN and it doesn't exist. It isn't a valid SSN.

If I had known the buying company was a fake, I would not have worked with the real estate company.

If I would have known that the owner of the real estate company as well as the owner of the fake buying company, I would not have worked with the real estate company.

My goal is to not be part of a fraudulent deal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm worried that they might be laundering money.

You should tell your lender and tell the lender to reject the sale or rescind its approval if it has already given its approval, then you would not have to go through with the sale,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it legal for a real estate company sell my house to a fake corporation? If there is no fraud, I'd love to get rid of the house.

I have no information whatsoever to go on and, therefore, cannot say if this company was engaged in any fraud.

If you received as much for the property as you would have received from another buyer, and you are not related to the real estate company, I think you might be worried over nothing,

_______________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.