Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Real Estate Attorney

If a home is part of trust, if one of the trustees has general

If a home is part of trust, if one of the trustees has general poer of attorney, does that negate the other trustees having to sign the trust...if the house were being sold?

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

A power of attorney document authorizes an agent to act for the person that made the power of attorney. It does not confer authority over trust property. Only a trustee can act on behalf of the trust, so the power of attorney document won't override the requirements outlined in the trust. If the trust requires that all or a majority of the trustees to make decisions regarding the trust and trust property, then all or a majority of the trustees must act.

You should be able to see your answer now. Please let me know if you need additional clarification or information. Thanks.