Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

There was a fire in a fiberglass building next to our bussiness

There was a fire in a fiberglass building next to our bussiness it did about aprox. $200,000
to our contents we did not have renters insurance, we used it for storage, and did some repairs in the building, the fiberglass company did not have insurance either and they did have dangous products in there building. The owners of the company who owned the building did not have a firewall between the fiberglass company and our building and I'm sure the electrical was probabaly not good. The Fiberglass company is planning to sue the owners of the building. What options do I have ? Should the owners insurance come into play?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Sandy, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provided you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry to hear of the damage that was done to your business by the fire,

In order to recover for the damage done to your property, you must make a claim against the company which caused the fire and that would be the fiberglass company. I realize that they did not have insurance, but you must name them in any lawsuit that you file. And, since the owner of the other building did not have proper firewalls, you would name him also. You must name them both. You cannot name just the owner of the building simply because he has insurance. There must be a "causal connection" between the damages you suffered and the fire, so you must name them both,

____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.