Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I want to get out of a pending contract, I am the seller they

I want to get out of a pending contract, I am the seller they are the buyer, I have explained everything from the start of this, hope you can get what all I wrote.

I have reviewed what you wrote previously. Getting out of a contract to sell real estate is not an easy task, and often not possible. When there is a contract for the sale of real estate and the seller refuses to convey, the buyer may file suit for "specific performance". A court may order the seller to honor the contract and close the sale. Your best hope is that the buyers elect to cancel the contract in return for their earnest money, when you refuse to make necessary repairs, i.e. solving the rat problem. It also might depend on what you agreed to do as part of the purchase agreement. Worst case: Be sure to line up a rental home to move to if you are forced to close on 8/11. I hope you are able to get help and find a way to get out of this dilemma.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.