Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

I am not sure what area of law this question goes under. My

Customer Question

I am not sure what area of law this question goes under. My home was foreclosed and sold on June 11. I went before the judge in March he set the sale for 90 days out to give me a chance to get a modification, however on May 9th the judge denied the lenders request to cancel the sale, the bank approved me for a modification, but my home was still sold on the date the judge set in March, because the sale cancellation was denied. What is an objection to issuance of title and what happens during this process? I live in Jacksonville, Florida
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. You are in the correct category.

Was the modification approved before or after the judge denied the lenders request to cancel the sale?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know for sure when the modification was approved, but I was called around May the 9th with the news that I was approved.

In Florida if no Objection to issuance of Title is filed within 10 days of the sale the highest bidder receives the certificate of title and can begin removing the former owner from possession of the property. No eviction can be started without the issuance of title.

Please see objections to sale at

You can also file a motion to vacate the sale.

Would it be possible for you to hire an attorney to assist you with this matter?

This is a link for Real Estate Attorneys in Florida

I can assist you with forms if hiring an attorney is not possible.

This is a link for Pro Bono Legal Services through the Florida Bar Association

Pro Bono Attorneys do not charge for their services.