Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 29 years dealing in real estate
8534270

How do I have a deed transferred into my name?

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.The owner here(grantor) can do this by a quitclaim deed signed by the grantor and filed in the real property records of the county where the property is located.Once this has been done the property is in your name and you become the legal owner.The quitclaim deed is returned to you for your files once it is recorded.The taxes will also be transferred as well since you are now the legal owner.

RayAnswers :

Here are the forms to do so.

RayAnswers :

If you click on free preview you can view it for free here.

Customer:

The property is located in Florida and I live in Maryland. Does this change anything?

RayAnswers :

No the person owning it would sign the deed and have it notarized here.You can then file it by mail with the county clerk along with a check for the filing fee.

Customer:

ok, thanks very much for this information.

RayAnswers :

No problem I was getting you tax information, Florida will charge some taxes on the title transfer.

RayAnswers :

These would be do at time of transfer, the county clerk can calculate this for you.

RayAnswers :

It has been my pleasure to chat with you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again for letting me help you.

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney client relationship here.Information provided is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: Texas Attorney for 29 years dealing in real estate