LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

putting our married daughter on our mortage, we want her to

putting our married daughter on our mortage, we want her to have our home in Minnesota. Her marriage is come an go, we do not want him to have chance of benefits of owning the home when we pass.

Good afternoon JoAnn,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under the law, you may add your daughter to the title of your home now, as a joint tenant with rights of survivorship, or you may give your home to her in your will. Either way, the gift that you give to her under the law will be her personal property, and her husband will not have any legal right to the property

Under the law, inheritances and gifts by third parties to a married person, become the private property of that person, and their spouse is not entitled to any benefit from that gift.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, JoAnn. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.