Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.

i have a bond for deed for land im purchasing. my land note

i have a bond for deed for land i'm purchasing. my land note is 408.35 a month, with noprepayment penalties. the Grantor has a morgage on the land, her payment is 446.00 a month to a finance company. 4 months after said instrument was in effect, the Grantor was incarcersated. the finance company forced to pay her note(446.00). said amount put me in the postion of having to pay an additional 37.65 per month for length of her incarcerated of 36 months. Can i legally apply this forced overage(1,355.40)towards present payments due?

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Sorry for your situation.

The additional monies you would be paying would go towards the principal amount owed (thereby reducing the length of the loan).

Yes, if you make the additional payment of $37.65 per month for length of her

incarcerated of 36 months - that monthly additional amount would go towards payment of the principal thereby reducing the time or length of the loan.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!