Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

Is double closing on a real estate transaction legal in ca

Is double closing on a real estate transaction legal in california?
Thank you for the question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

There is no mandatory provision or even statute in CA that prohibits a double closing done on the same day in two separate transactions. Many CA escrow companies will not participate in a double closing, but they are not illegal to conduct in CA and if you can find an escrow company who will agree to the double closing then it is completely permissible.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.