Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Kirk, Part of my last question was he uses his old attorney

Part of my last question was he uses his old attorney on his bk papers, his old attorney told me they have not represented him for a year. Is that legal to put this attorney on papers when he is not representing him

Hi - I'm so sorry that I overlooked that!

If the person KNOWINGLY made a false statement on documents that were filed with the court, that is fraud/fraudulent misrepresentation - - so it's not ok legally.

The problem is proving that this person intentionally did this knowing full well that this attorney wasn't representing him. If the guy says he thought the attorney was representing him/or was going to represent him, but he was mistaken, that's probably the end of it.

However, if this guy signed papers/forged the attorney's name, then that's certainly an issue.