Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

In Pennsylvania, what process does the new owner have to follow

In Pennsylvania, what process does the new owner have to follow to remove the former owner from the property? Is a separate eviction action required?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

In which was has the new Owner (let us call them NEW) received the property from the old owner (let us call them OLD)?

Did NEW buy OLD's home in a foreclosure, or if not, what exactly happened?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The property reverted back to the lender at auction.

Thank you, friend.

At this point, the old owner (OLD) becomes a "tenant at sufferance." A tenant at sufferance is someone who has no right to occupy the premises, but is tolerated by the owner and may be terminated at the will of the owner. However, they have to be evicted formally as though they were a tenant that defaulted on the lease - they cannot simply be locked out. Many simply leave upon receipt of notice of eviction. For a step by step eviction process, see here.

Let me know if you need a sample notice to quit (i.e. to leave) to send.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Best of luck.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)