Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

Eastwood homes is building a home next to mine and ask to come

Eastwood homes is building a home next to mine and ask to come on to my property with a bobcat to get to the back of the house to grade. They say they will fix any damage...what are my rights?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You have no legal obligation to allow them to cross your property to get to their property. They could have easily done this before building the house. They have no legal right to come onto your property without your consent. You can simply reject their offer and that will be the end of it. This is, however, not uncommon and it would not likely cause any damage to your property simply to cross it to get access to their backyard, and provided they agree to allow your landscaping folks to fix anything at Eastwood's insure it gets remediated to your probably have little to risk in allowing them access.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I have them sign anything?

Thanks for following up. Yes, I would put their obligation to reimburse you in full for the cost of having your landscaping company remediate any damages they caused in writing and have them sign it. And, make sure to take photos of your yard prior to their accessing it so you have proof of its condition.
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: