Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I bought a foreclosure property last year. The property is

I bought a foreclosure property last year. The property is being occupied by the previous owners. I went through the legal procedure of eviction. I won my case, but the previous owners appealed. I won my case again and judge granted me judgement for possession along with writ of possession.

However, the previous owners filed for bankruptcy multiple times to delay to eviction. My writ of possession expired (90days). I went to court to ask the judge to issue another writ of possession. It was granted and now I have another 90days to execute this writ, but the previous owners filed for bankruptcy again, but this time it is the wife isntead of the husband.

Anyways my question... will I be able to keep asking the judge to issue new writ of possession each time it expires until I evict the previous owners? Or is there a deadline/time limit on my judgement?

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

If you abstract a judgment in Texas here it is good for ten years and can be extended.

RayAnswers :

You can ask for a new writ of possession here based on the judgment that you received in Texas.

Customer:

So my judgement is good for 10years. I'll be able to keep asking the judge to issue new writ of possession as long as I showed that the previous owners are delaying the eviction?

RayAnswers :

Yes and you might be able here to seek to lift the stay here in bankruptcy and get this done faster.

RayAnswers :

Reference.

Customer:

Yes, I will file motion to lift automatic stay and request 'in rem' relief.

Customer:

Thank you very much.