Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

Waste water backing back into my bathtub from other tentants,

Waste water backing back into my bathtub from other tentants, and they do not want to help me relocation
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. They are responsible for the cost of you relocating. The landlord is in default by breaching the implied warranty of habitability that comes with all rentals. As a result, you have the right to terminate and the landlord not only must reimburse your security deposit, the landlord must also pay all damages incurred, which includes the cost of relocating. In addition, it would include a reimbursement of a portion of past rent during the period you had to cope with this prior to termination due to being deprived of the full benefit of your rental bargain. If the landlord will not pay you voluntarily, file a claim against both the landlord and the property manager in small claims court. The landlord or the property manager do not get to make up the law to suit themselves. Once the suit is filed and a judgment awarded, you become a judgment creditor, and if the losing party doesn’t then pay the judgment, you can have the sheriff serve a summons on the losing party for a debtor examination. That forces the losing party to meet the judgment creditor in court and answer questions under oath about the losing party's assets. After that information is obtained, the judgment creditor has the power to \attach bank accounts, have the sheriff seize other personal property, and/or place liens on any non-homestead property to satisfy the judgment.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: