Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

we have been given a immediate termination letter, hand delivered,

we have been given a immediate termination letter, hand delivered, left in door. violation of crime free housing. what happened was i called police because , visitors, living in apt. got loud and aggressive towards my wife. we had dicussed this with onsite management, told no issues but to call police. two days later we got the notice. what should we do, we do not want to stay but don't want to be responsible for the remaining lease, 4000.

Hello and I'm truly sorry to hear of your problem with housing. The right to evict for any violation is contained in your lease. It's hard to say how "Crime Free Housing" is defined there. If you don't stay, you will most likely be liable for the balance of the lease or whatever part of it that they don't find another tenant for. You may be able to either talk the management into letting you stay, or ask the judge to refuse their eviction request if they sue you. If the judge rules for them, you should ask for sufficient time to move.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does this mean although we were advised as to what to do and managements answer was to call the police, and at that time i questioned was that not grounds for our eviction and was told absolutely not. the complaint indicates it was due to a domestic dispute however there were no charges or reports taken. i feel that being in my personal opinion if you can lose your home for calling for protection than in that instance the next child who may be abused or woman will keep silent as not to lose her home.