Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My sister and I have real estate dispute. I have my lawyer

My sister and I have real estate dispute. I have my lawyer filed a complaint in Hawaii state court. We finally settle out of court. While my lawyer is drafting a agreement so we both could sign, my
lawyer suddenly disappears! it's a week now and he didn't answer my email or phone call. At current stage, it's timing sensitive for both of us signing the agreement, but I have no knowledge of what is going on with my lawyer. He's in Hawaii and I'm in California.

My question is:

Can I terminate my lawyer's service and represent myself when dealing with my sister' lawyer?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

My question is:

Response: You can do that, but only after sending your Attorney a formal notice of termination because of lack of communication and time being of the essence with regard to the agreement that was supposed to prepare. So, you need to e-mail your Attorney of your intention. You should also send him a notice by FedEX, signature requested.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I communicate directly to the other side lawyer since the time that we agreed in the settlement almost run out? Thanks.

Response
: Yes, you can. However, the other Attorney would not want to speak with you unless he/she is convinced that you are no longer being represented. So, it is very important that you send your Attorney notice of termination before communicating directly with your sister's Attorney.