Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

If my house was sold at auction due to a foreclosure how can

If my house was sold at auction due to a foreclosure how can I get the amount it was sold for?

If it was sold by the county sheriff, the sheriff's deputy who handles civil sales will have that information. If a trustee sold it the trustee's office would have the information. The IRS also should be able to tell you what their tax claim is based on. If the home was your principal residence there is a chance that you don't owe any tax. See: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/The-Mortgage-Forgiveness-Debt-Relief-Act-and-Debt-Cancellation-

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.