TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Ive been told there are some closing costs that are specifically

I've been told there are some closing costs that are specifically for sellers to pay and some that the buyer pays. What are those cost that sellers pay?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

In South Carolina the seller pays for preparing the deed, the deed transfer tax, and for the property taxes for the time the seller occupied the home for the current year (the buyer then pays the entire tax bill at the end of the year).

Of course, the buyer and seller can make just about any deal they want with regard to closing costs.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about things such at the title search and property survey? I know there are some categories that negotiable or split between the two parties. is that the instance with the title search and property survey

Hi again.

Absolutely, you can negotiate over the title search and property survey. You can ask the seller to pay all of the closing costs.